School-Age Care: For information on impacts to Child Care Programs, please refer to the Child Care Hotline: 206-684-4203.
Seattle Parks and Recreation program and facility impacts on Monday, Feb. 11:
We have several ways to help you gather with friends, enjoy indoor recreation opportunities, keep warm, or enjoy snow play! Seattle Parks and Recreation is operating 21 community centers for drop-in use today, as well as 5 pools and the Amy Yee Tennis Center. Golf courses and most athletic fields are open for snow play!
- Community centers and pools: The following community centers are open for drop-in use from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Meadowbrook; Northgate; Ravenna-Eckstein; Montlake; Magnuson; Laurelhurst; Bitter Lake; Loyal Heights; Ballard; Queen Anne; Green Lake; South Park; Delridge; Hiawatha; Highpoint; Alki; Garfield (open 24 hours as emergency shelter through Wed. morning); Rainier Beach; Rainier; Van Asselt; International District Chinatown.
- Pools: Madison, Ballard, Southwest, Rainier Beach, and Evans pools scheduled to be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use. Please call pool before visiting to confirm hours.
- Warming and overnight emergency shelter: Garfield Community Center (2323 E. Cherry Street) has been opened as a warming and overnight emergency shelter for families with children, and people living in vehicles. Adults are welcome at this facility as well. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Wednesday, February 13th. Click here for more information and other severe weather resources from the Seattle Human Services Department.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center: The Amy Yee Tennis Center is open 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use.
- Parks: Parks are open; however, we encourage visitors to use caution. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap. Please stay out from under trees and avoid forested park areas during the current weather conditions.
- Snow Play: Golf courses are closed for golf but are open for sledding and snow play. Most athletic fields are also open for non-motorized winter recreation.
- Jefferson Park driving range: The Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill are open until 3 p.m. (all golf courses are closed).
- Recreation programs: All recreation and aquatics programs, including registered programs, canceled.
- Lake City, Miller and Magnolia community centers are closed. (Yesler and Jefferson community centers TBD; check back here for updates).
- Rentals: All Recreation facility rentals canceled.
- Teen Life Centers (TLC): All TLCs closed.
- Youth basketball: All youth basketball games and practices are canceled.
- Small Craft Centers: The Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center and the Green Lake Small Craft Center closed.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled. Some fields are open for winter play.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are closed; however, the Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill will be open until 3 p.m. Courses are open to non-motorized winter recreation (please keep off putting greens and away from environmentally sensitive areas near the creeks at Jackson and West Seattle).