Revised May 29, 2020 – This post is being updated as restrictions change, and should be considered current. Please browse other recent posts for more info on closures and changes.
- Lifeguarded beaches are not yet open
- Parking lots are still closed at major parks (except ADA parking at 5 of them)
- Keep up the good work with 6 feet of social distancing
- Groups – please do not congregate in parks
- Two saltwater boat launches are open with strict guidelines starting Sat 5/30
- Parks and trails are open for activities where social distancing can be maintained, such as walking, jogging, cycling and nature viewing. Please enjoy these activities alone or with your household.
- The loop path around Green Lake and all Seward Park paths and trails are open to pedestrians only (no bikes).
- Bonfires, picnics, organized athletic games and pickup games are not permitted.
- All playgrounds/play areas remain closed.
PARKING LOTS are closed at these popular parks to help disperse crowded conditions. Here are the closed lots:
- Along Lake Washington Blvd (Adams St, Duck Bay, Ferdinand St, Lower Colman, Mt. Baker Bathhouse, Stan Sayers, Prichard Beach, 49th St),
- Seward Park, Genesee, Carkeek, Discovery
- Gas Works, Golden Gardens, Green Lake, Kubota Gardens
- Lincoln, Magnuson Park, Matthews Beach, Riverview
- Volunteer, West Seattle Stadium Woodland, and
- Atlantic St Boat Ramp (except when UW will be offering their drive-up COVID testing).
- These lots have ADA parking only.
These major parks close at 8 pm to help disperse crowds:
|Alki Beach, Golden Gardens, and Seward Park|
|Gas Works and Carkeek parks|
|Green Lake and Discovery parks|
|Cal Anderson, Volunteer and Judkins parks|
|Lincoln Park and Kubota Garden|
|Magnuson and Woodland parks|
|Washington Park Arboretum|
|West Seattle Stadium|
WHAT’S OPEN AND WHAT’S CLOSED
|Adult Fitness Equipment||Closed|
|Athletic Field Use||Closed for games|
|Boat Launches |
(hand carry & motorized)
|Closed – except Don Armeni and Golden Gardens starting 5/30|
|Boat Moorages||Open to renters only|
|Dog Off-Leash Areas||Open|
|Environmental Learning Centers||Closed|
|Gardens||Open (except the Japanese Garden |
and Volunteer Park Conservatory.
Parking lots to other gardens may be closed. )
|Beaches||Open (no lifeguards on duty)|
|Lawn Bowling||Operated by third party|
|P-Patch Community Garden||Operated by Dept. of Neighborhoods|
|Restrooms and Drinking Fountains||Open|
|Skateparks/Spots||Open (except for Lower Woodland)|
|Tennis Court or Tennis Backboard (Outdoor)||Closed|
|Wading Pools or Water Features||Closed for season|
|Weddings and Ceremonies||Closed|
|Zoo; Aquarium; Museums; Restaurants||Operated by third party|
* “Family play” refers to doing activities with your household/people you live with