Today Seattle Parks and Recreation announced that two of the City’s saltwater boat launches will be open for public use with strict social distancing guidelines–Eddie Vine near Golden Gardens in Northwest Seattle, and Don Armeni near Alki Beach in West Seattle will be open for use starting Saturday, May 30.
Social distancing guidelines applicable for boat launches:
- Stay home if you are sick, and wash your hands frequently
- Please give other boaters at least 6ft of space at all times
- Launching boats should be done as quickly as possible, with little to no lingering in the launch parking lot
- Only go boating with those who live in your household
- Refrain from linking up with other boats for gatherings/parties
While the ramps will be open consistent with park hours, during busier times the boat ramps will be staffed with employees who manage traffic and will collect data on social distancing compliance and boat launch usage. Only vehicles with boat trailers will be allowed in ramp parking lots.
Additionally, the City is considering opening our freshwater launches in the coming weeks, but only if we can ensure that opening launches will not lead to increased gatherings or parties on boats (which are currently not yet permitted under the State’s Stay Home order).
For info on boat ramp fees and permits check here.
For questions or concerns related to Seattle’s boat launches please email email@example.com or call (206) 684-7249.