As Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) gears up for summer, we’re planning to open some outdoor programs at beaches, sprayparks, wading pools, and day camps. One of the biggest barriers to opening sites, however, is insufficient staffing. We need lifeguards, camp counselors, recreation attendants, parks maintenance laborers and more. People interested in summer employment are encouraged to apply for available positions, and to pass this information on to family and friends too.
Available positions include:
· Park maintenance laborer – Starts at $25.83 an hour
· Lifeguards – Starts at $19.70 an hour
· Wading Pool Attendants – Starts at $18.74 an hour
· Recreation Leader – Starts at $20.95 an hour
· Day Camp Counselor – Starts at $16.88 an hour
· Recreation Attendant – Starts at $17.85 an hour
Please see all current available SPR jobs here.
Access to parks and open spaces is essential for our physical and mental health, as we know more than ever, and so parks are going to be very busy this summer. That’s why SPR staff have been working hard on plans to welcome the community back bigger and better than last year, while still keeping an eye on the changing public health situation. Read more about SPR’s planned reopening activities here.
Ensuring that we have adequate staffing will be essential to our reopening plans. If you are looking for a fun and meaningful summer job, please consider applying today.