Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands is Seattle’s largest urban farm. Community members of all ages participate in educational activities at the farm, learning to grow food using practices that are healthy for the environment, restoring the natural wetlands habitat that runs down the middle of the farm, eating farm fresh food and learning about nutrition, and supplying fresh food for the community. The site is co-operated with Friends of Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands, is owned by Seattle Parks and Recreation and is located in Seattle’s Rainier Beach Neighborhood. As part of this partnership with SPR, Rainier Beach Farm and Wetlands offers free field trips to school groups, a free lunch program in partnership with SPR’s East African Senior Meal Program, free monthly community kitchens open to all, and a free Farm Festival Celebration open the community.
- Field Trips: Rainier Beach Farm and Wetlands is available for school, daycare field trips. The trip will involve age-specific learning, and invite students to use all their sense in exploring the farm, the plants, the animals, and community. Scholarships are available for these field trips for Title I schools or those with financial need. More info here.
- Community Kitchens: The third Sunday of each month anyone can come to Rainier Beach Farm and Wetlands to enjoy at fresh, culturally diverse, and delicious meal. Families can join in the cooking (starts at 1pm), or just come to eat (meal served at 5pm). More info here
- The East African Lunch program is a Seattle Park and Recreation program through our Lifelong Recreation program, that takes place at Yesler Community Center on Thursdays and Saturdays from 11am-1pm, and at Rainer Beach Farm and Wetlands on Fridays from 11am-1pm. Please call 206-684-4664 to join.
- Farm Fest takes place every summer at Rainier Beach Farm and Wetlands! The whole family is invited to enjoy free activities like picking blueberries, cooking demos, discovering the wetlands, making herb crowns, planting seeds, and food trucks, music and more. Check here for the upcoming Farm Fest.
- Rainier Beach Farm and Wetlands also host dozens of volunteer work parties to maintain this land and this farm at no cost to Seattle Parks and Recreation. If you are interested in volunteering, see here.