Seattle Parks and Recreation is now accepting applications for the free fall training for the Seattle Urban Nature Guide volunteer program. Applications are due by Saturday, August 20 and training begins Saturday, August 27.
Seattle Urban Nature Guides enhance, promote and foster appreciation of nature by connecting families and students with their Seattle parklands, and provide educational opportunities for all.
As a SUNGuide, you will:
● Develop Job Skills such as public speaking, education techniques and group engagement
● Enjoy a community of fellow volunteers and city staff
● Receive FREE Training on Pacific Northwest flora and fauna, habitats, environmental education techniques to connect with a wide variety of audiences and equity concepts
● Lead hands on learning experiences in a variety of settings from playgrounds to beaches
● Familiarize yourself with Seattle’s diverse parklands while helping others do the same
• Lead a minimum of 8 education events each year
• Attend one orientation (2 hours – virtual)
• Complete a required 5 days (9:00am – 3:30pm) of training in the fall
• Be available during the week to lead school field trips, or weekends and evenings for community and public programs
• Recommended to attend Spring Training 2023
• Trainings take place at various parks in Seattle
• Programs and events will be held at Seattle parklands.
Service Days & Hours:
• Programs and events are an average of 2 hours
Apply: Please visit our website for additional information and to apply.
Questions? Contact Penny Rose at email@example.com