Due to the inclement weather, ALL Seattle Parks and Recreation programming and facilities are CLOSED today (Thurs., Dec. 30) with the few exceptions noted below.
Closed : Lifelong Recreation, Specialized Programs for people with disabilities, Teen Life Centers, Environmental Learning Centers, community centers and small craft centers, child care programs, golf courses for golf play.
Interbay Driving Range, open from 8am to 8pm; cafe open 11am to 7pm. Golf courses are open to walkers and non-motorized snow activitiesl; please avoid the flagged areas.
Amy Yee Tennis Center, until 2pm
SPR will be operating 5 Warming Centers. Hours are below for each site.
- International District/Chinatown Community Center: 719 8th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104. Hours vary daily. Wednesday, and Friday: 11:00 am- 9:00 p.m.; Thursday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 pm; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Magnuson Park Building #406: 6344 NE 74th St, Seattle, WA 98115. Printable Park Map. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Northgate Community Center: 10510 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. Open weekdays 9:00 am-7:00 pm; Saturday 10:00 am-7:00 pm; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Rainier Beach Community Center: 8825 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118. Hours vary daily Wednesday-Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- *NEW* Lake City Community Center: 12531 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. Hours are Wednesday-Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- During snow events, our nearly 500 parks remain open, unless otherwise indicated.
- The Lost Lake Trail at Seward Park is closed until the end of next week due to the weather conditions.
- A section of the walkway at Emma Schmitz Memorial Overlook (from SW Snoqualmie St to SW Jacobsen Road) is currently closed while staff address maintenance issues on the path.
- Gate and bathroom openings may be delayed as staff navigate snowy roads. Some comfort stations may be closed due to frozen pipes.
- Athletic fields are closed for organized games but are open for non-motorized winter recreation for households and small groups.
- We encourage all visitors to use caution in our outdoor spaces. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap; please stay out from under trees and avoid forested parks.