Due to the inclement weather, many Seattle Parks and Recreation programs are impacted today (Sunday, Dec 26).
- During snow events, our nearly 500 parks remain open, unless otherwise indicated.
- Gate and bathroom openings may be delayed as staff navigate snowy roads
- Athletic fields will also be opened for non-motorized winter recreation for households and small groups.
- Golf courses are open to pedestrian use only. Currently there is not enough snow for sledding without damaging the turf. (we will update when there is enough snow)
- We encourage all visitors to use caution in our outdoor spaces. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap; please stay out from under trees and avoid forested parks.
- Ballard Pool is open from 10 am -3 pm for drop-in swim only
- Madison Pool is closed.
- All other Pools are closed on Sundays
- Small Craft Centers are closed.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center is closed.
- Community Centers and Teen Life Centers are closed on Sundays
- Interbay: Course open, pedestrian use only, not enough snow for sledding as it will likely damage turf
- Jackson: Course closed, pedestrian use only, not enough snow for sledding as it will likely damage turf
- Jefferson: Course closed, pedestrian use only, not enough snow for sledding as it will likely damage turf
- West Seattle: Course closed, pedestrian use only, not enough snow for sledding as it will likely damage turf
- *Should conditions changes we will update here*
Citywide winter weather response: Please click here for information from the City of Seattle and the Seattle Department of Transportation about the City’s Winter Weather Response.
ANTICIPATED SNOW IMPACTS TOMORROW (12/27)
- Community Centers and Community Center Programs will be closed
- Winter Break Care, Preschools, and School Age Care programs will be closed
- Pools will be closed
- Public Shower program will be closed
- Amy Yee Tennis Center will be closed
- Several Community Centers will open as warming shelters starting tomorrow, Monday, 12/27
- International District/Chinatown Community Center: 719 8th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104. Hours vary daily. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 11:00 am- 9:00 pm; Tuesday and Thursday: 10am-7pm; Saturday: 10:00 am-7:00pm
- Magnuson Park Building #406: 6344 NE 74th St, Seattle, WA 98115. Printable Park Map. Monday and Tuesday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm; Saturday 10am – 7pm
- Northgate Community Center: 10510 5th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. Open M-F: 9:00 am-7:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am-7:00 pm
- Rainier Beach Community Center: 8825 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118. Hours vary daily Monday-Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 7:00 pm , Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm