Break out the s’mores and enjoy a Pacific Northwest sunset by beach fire at Alki Beach or Golden Gardens Park, starting this Saturday, May 29th at 4 pm. Keep in mind, beach fires are only allowed at designated fire rings at these two sites. The fire rings are available first come, first served. Please only burn clean (natural, bare, dry cord-wood) wood and douse your fire completely before leaving. Fire pits at both parks are unlocked at 4 p.m. daily.
For this summer:
- Fires must be extinguished by 9:30pm.
- Fires allowed only from Saturday, May 29th to Sunday, September 12th
- Staff will be onsite to manage and assist with putting out fires at 9:30pm.
- Light a fire ONLY in one of the installed fire containers
- Use only clean, dry firewood
- Please douse your fire with water, not sand
- Fires are not allowed during air pollution alerts; we will post sign
- Please don’t remove any materials from the park, beach or dunes
- Please dispose of trash and ashes in the containers provided for each. (SMC 18.12.260)
- Be considerate of others–please, no loud or amplified music! (SMC 18.12.170)
- Remember, no alcohol or smoking are allowed, and parks are drug-free zones.
If you see an illegal fire, call 911. For current burn ban and air quality questions, contact Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.