On March 4, Public Health – Seattle & King County released new recommendations regarding COVID-19, including guidance for people at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness. This guidance recommends that people over 60 years of age should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible.
With this information, Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) is canceling all of our Lifelong Recreation classes, trips, and drop-in programs for seniors. Lifelong Recreation programs will be canceled starting Thursday, March 5 at least through Saturday, March 21. SPR will continue to consult with, and follow the guidance of, public health partners and will re-evaluate this program cancellation on an ongoing basis.
Please check the following resources for updates about SPR operations and facilities:
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Website: www.seattle.gov/parks
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SeattleParksandRecreation/
- Seattle Parks and Recreation on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeattleParks
- Public Service Announcements made by the media about Seattle Parks and Recreation closures.
- Facility Voicemails: Please call your community center or pool for updates on their outgoing voicemail message
- Facility Facebook Pages
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience during this difficult time. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Cheryl Brown at 206-615-0619.