Green Lake Park users:
The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is repaving and updating lane layouts to arterial streets in Green Lake and Wallingford for people walking, biking, driving, and taking transit as a part of the Green Lake and Wallingford Paving & Multi-Modal Improvements project.
What safety and other improvements can you expect near Green Lake Park?
- Repaving E Green Lake Way and Drive, N 40th St, N 80th St, N 50th St, and portions of Stone Way N
- A new 2-way protected bike lane on the east side of the lake
- New and improved crosswalks and intersections
- Sidewalk improvements and new curb ramps
- Some parking removal on Stone Way N between N 46th St and N 50th St and key intersections around the lake
SDOT anticipates construction in this area will begin as soon as late spring 2019. Plan to leave extra time when attending events in the park during this construction and consider using transit or biking to the area. SDOT will be in touch with updated information as construction gets closer. You can also sign up to receive email updates about the project from SDOT.
Translated project fact sheets: