Seattle Parks and Recreation remains committed to providing opportunities for exercise and mental and physical health for our community members, while working to prevent the further spread of the COVID-19 virus. SPR will continue to keep off-leash areas (OLAs) open unless we begin to see overcrowding and park attendees not following social distancing guidelines.
Before You Go to an OLA
- Do not use OLAs if you are exhibiting symptoms
- Follow CDC guidelines on personal hygiene prior to visitng an OLA
- Minimize crowding by visiting ata off hours and by having only one family member exercise the dog
- Be mindful of what you may touch in the OLA, including gates and waste can lids. Bring wet wipes with you, when possible.
While You’re at an OLA
- Share OLAs with others and maintain 6+ feet of distancing with others
- Limit your stay to 30 minutes or less; leave the park when you’re done so others can use the OLA
- If the OLA is overcrowded when you arrive, please allow some time for the park to clear out before use
- Do not pet other people’s dogs
For the latest updates on SPR efforts and announced closures during the COVID-19 outbreak, please follow this blog.