Due to the City of Seattle’s ongoing stay-at-home order, Seattle Parks and Recreation programs and activities that were scheduled to occur between May 4 through June 20 have been cancelled.
All rentals and permitted events remain cancelled, and all community centers, pools, environmental learning centers, and all other recreation facilities remain closed to the public until at least May 4.
“We know that these continued facility closures and program cancellations create a significant burden to the many families who rely on SPR for places to gather and connect with friends, family and community around health, wellness, educational, athletic, recreational, and environmental offerings,” said SPR Superintendent Jesús Aguirre.
SPR staff is dedicated to supporting Healthy People, a Healthy Environment, and Strong Communities, and has been finding ways for the community to engage with staff and activities via virtual programming on Facebook and YouTube. We encourage everyone to check the following resources for programming, as well as updates about SPR operations and facilities.
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Website: www.seattle.gov/parks
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Blog: https://parkways.seattle.gov/
- Seattle Parks and Recreation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SeattleParksandRecreation
- Seattle Parks and Recreation on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeattleParks
- Seattle Parks and Recreation on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_TDwi9mJPWDKKEvY0BbrA
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your local community center or pool, or email us at PKS_info@seattle.gov.
As this unprecedented health emergency continues, SPR will communicate any additional program changes as soon as possible.