On Thursday, March 12, Governor Inslee directed all public and private schools across the state to close until April 24 to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Seattle Parks and Recreation, along with our partner ARC, worked to explore ways in which we could feasibly provide childcare services that maintain the social distancing guidelines put forward by Public Health – Seattle & King County.
After much consideration, we reached the conclusion that we are unable to provide childcare (preschool or school-age care) at this time.
We do not take this decision lightly and we are working with our partners at the state level and the local school district to find ways to keep our kids engaged and safe during these next few weeks, and to support families during these unprecedented times.
These programs will be canceled until April 24, though we will be reevaluating this decision regularly based upon the current health conditions and the needs of our school district and community.
We have communicated this information out to currently enrolled families and will continue to communicate any updates or changes about our childcare programs to families.
Please check the following resources for updates about SPR operations and facilities:
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Website: www.seattle.gov/parks
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Blog: https://parkways.seattle.gov/
- Seattle Parks and Recreation Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SeattleParksandRecreation/
- Seattle Parks and Recreation on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeattleParks
- Public Service Announcements made by the media about Seattle Parks and Recreation closures.
- Facility Voicemails: Please call your community center or pool for updates on their outgoing voicemail message
- Facility Facebook Pages