Seattle Parks and Recreation is offering two free training opportunities for teens interested in becoming lifeguards. Both trainings will take place at Medgar Evers Pool, 500 23rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98122.
Lifeguard Training (FREE)
successful completion of this course will include American Red Cross certification in Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and basic First Aid, all valid for 2 years.
Wednesday 2/19/20 – Friday 2/21/20, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Pre-test 2/19/20 at 9:00am
- Be 15 years of age by 2/21/20
- Pass the pre-test skills on 2/19/20 at 9:00am
- 300 yard swim using crawl stroke and/or breaststroke
- brick retrieval from 7 – 10 feet underwater and swim
- 2 minutes treading water without hands
- Full attendance is required
- 7 hours of online study
You can register for Lifeguard Training – Blended Learning course code #37021 here.
L.A.S.T. on Fridays (FREE)
(Lifeguard Advanced Swimming Training)
Have fun while learning to improving your swimming skills. Learn new lifeguarding and swim instructor knowledge useful for future employment. Support for this program comes from the ARC Equity Grant.
5:00pm – 6:00pm on Fridays, 2/7/20 – 5/29/20
- Available to teens 13 -16 years of age (exceptions may be made)
- Intermediate swimming skill