The holidays are upon us, and we’re getting into the spirit of the season as we prepare for the annual Pathway of Lights, a FREE holiday event for the whole family! On Saturday, December 14, 2019 from 4:30-7:30 p.m., come stroll the glimmering Green Lake circuit, paths, and docks which will be lit with thousands of twinkling candles. And while you wander through the magic of the sparkling lights, enjoy complimentary refreshments and live holiday music. Also, look out for the return of the popular hot air balloons at Pathway of Lights!
Local musicians will perform at three sites around the lake. See the full lineup here.
· The Green Lake Community Center on the east side
· The Green Lake Small Craft Center on the south side
· The Bathhouse Theater on the west side
Community members attending the Pathway of Lights are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food donation that benefits FamilyWorks, and attendees are also welcome to bring their own lights to add to the ambiance of the evening’s atmosphere.
This Seattle tradition is presented in partnership with the Green Lake Advisory Council and with help from community partners, Green Lake Masons, funding provided by the Neighborhood Matching Fund from the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, Lake & Company Real Estate, PCC Community Markets, The Hearthstone, Green Lake Chamber of Commerce, and Associated Recreation Council.
Volunteers to assist with the event and volunteer music groups are needed, so if you are interested in helping, we would love to hear from you!To volunteer or learn more, please contact Green Lake Community Center at 206-684-0780 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can also visit and like the Green Lake Pathway of Lights Facebook Event for updates on the event. Please share your pictures from past events and from this year’s event to the Facebook Event page!
Getting there: Pathway of Lights attracts thousands of community members each year and parking is extremely limited. Please see transportation options and suggestions below.
- Parking is limited; plan ahead! Parking around Green Lake Park and the surrounding neighborhood is extremely limited. We expect parking to fill up early and for there to be heavy traffic in the area. Don’t waste the evening circling around to find a parking spot! Instead, we encourage everyone to consider arriving by bike, bus or foot.
- Bus: Use King County Metro Transit’s Trip Planning feature to plan your trip.
- Walk: Take transit or carpool to a surrounding neighborhood and enjoy walking to Green Lake.
- Bike or Carpool: We also encourage you to consider biking or carpooling to the event via a rideshare service so that no one in your party has to worry about parking!