Most Seattle Parks and Recreation programs and facilities will be operating on their normal schedule starting Thursday, Feb. 14 and through the weekend. Some programs continue to be impacted by the recent snow storm. See below for details.
**Reminder: Many Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed Monday, Feb. 18, 2019 in observance of Presidents’ Day. Click here for details.**
Seattle Parks and Recreation operations Thursday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, Feb. 17
- Community Centers: All community centers are open their normal hours. All programs are operating normally, unless noted otherwise below.
- Pools: Ballard, Southwest, Evans, Rainier and Madison pools are open. Early Morning Lap Swims (EMLS) will return to the normal schedule on Feb. 15.
- Small Craft Centers are open but will do dry land training if unable to get into the water due to cold temperatures.
- Late Night programs are open and operate normal hours 7 p.m. to midnight. (Late Night canceled at Bitter Lake on Friday, Feb. 15 and Saturday, Feb. 16).
- Basketball: Friday Night Cub Basketball games will be played; Saturday and Sunday Youth Basketball games will be played. Check here or your local center for schedules.
- Severe weather shelters: Garfield Community Center and Bitter Lake Community Center will continue to operate as severe weather shelters through the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 19. Garfield and Bitter Lake community centers are scheduled to return to normal operations beginning the afternoon of Wednesday, Feb. 20.
- Scheduled Rentals will commence starting Feb. 14; please contact your community center to confirm your rental.
- Teen Centers: Open as scheduled on Thursday, Feb. 14 and Friday, Feb. 15.
- Interbay Golf Course: open.
- Driving ranges: The Interbay and Jefferson pro shops and driving ranges are open during normal operating hours.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled on Saturday, Feb. 16 (check the field Rainout Hotline daily for updates, 206-233-0055). Some fields are open for drop-in use.
- Golf Courses: Jackson, West Seattle, and Jefferson golf courses will remain closed today (Saturday, Feb. 16) but open to non-motorized recreation. The snow cover is thin so sledding is discouraged.
- Special Population programs: Canceled through Feb. 18. Programs are scheduled to resume on Feb. 19.
- Bitter Lake preschool program: Closed through Wednesday, Feb. 20
- Lifelong Recreation programs at Garfield and Bitter Lake: Canceled through Wednesday, Feb. 20