School-Age Care: For information on impacts to Child Care Programs, please refer to the Child Care Hotline: 206-684-4203.
Seattle Parks and Recreation program and facility impacts on Wednesday, Feb. 13:
- Community centers: All community centers, except Queen Anne, are open for drop-in activities, including drop-in basketball, fitness rooms (where available), and tot activities in tot rooms and gyms. Please call your local community center before visiting to confirm hours.
- NW community centers: Green Lake open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Loyal Heights open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Magnolia open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Ballard open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Bitter Lake open 24 hours as severe weather shelter.
- NE community centers: Meadowbrook open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Montlake, Magnuson, and Northagate open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Lake City open 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Miller open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Ravenna-Eckstein open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Laurelhurst open 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- SW community centers: Hiawatha, South Park, High Point, Delridge, Yesler, and Alki are all open 11 a.m. to 6 p.mm.
- SE community centers: Jefferson, Van Asselt, International Chinatown, and Rainier are all open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Rainier Beach is open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Garfield is open 24 hours as a severe weather shelter.
- Pools: Most pools are open and are offering a variety of lap swims and open swims. Call your local pool for the schedule. Southwest open 11 a.m. (update: Southwest Pool closed early at 4:30 p.m.).; Madison open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Rainier Beach open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Evans open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m..; Ballard open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center: The Amy Yee Tennis Center is operating on normal hours today.
- Garfield severe weather shelter: Garfield Community Center(2323 E. Cherry Street) has been opened as a warming and overnight emergency shelter for families with children, and people living in vehicles. Adults are welcome at this facility as well. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Monday, February 18.
- Bitter Lake severe weather shelter: Bitter Lake Community Center (13035 Linden Ave. N) is open as a severe weather shelter. Referral forms are not required and all are welcome. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Monday, Feb. 18. Info: 206-684-7524.
- Parks: Parks are open; however, we encourage visitors to use caution. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap. Please stay out from under trees and avoid forested park areas during the current weather conditions.
- Snow Play: Golf courses are closed for golf but are open for sledding and snow play. Most athletic fields are also open for non-motorized winter recreation.
- Interbay and Jefferson driving ranges: The Interbay and Jefferson pro shops and driving ranges will be open during normal operating hours (courses remain closed).
- Camp Long visitor center: Open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Recreation programs: All recreation programs, including basketball, Lifelong Recreation, and Special Pops programs are cancelled. All aquatics programs canceled.
- Queen Anne Community Center: Closed.
- Rentals: All Recreation facility rentals canceled.
- Teen Life Centers: Closed.
- Youth basketball: All youth basketball games and practices are canceled.
- Small Craft Centers: The Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center and the Green Lake Small Craft Center closed.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled. Some fields are open for winter play.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses will remain closed today but open to non-motorized recreation (please keep off putting greens and away from environmentally sensitive areas near the creeks at Jackson and West Seattle). The Interbay and Jefferson pro shops and driving ranges will be open during normal operating hours.