School-Age Care: For information on impacts to Child Care Programs, please refer to the Child Care Hotline: 206-684-4203.
Seattle Parks and Recreation program and facility impacts on Tuesday, Feb. 12:
- Community centers: The following community centers are open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use; please call the center before visiting to confirm hours: Northgate; Ravenna-Eckstein; Montlake; Miller; Magnuson; Lake City; Ballard; Laurelhurst; Loyal Heights; Green Lake; High Point; Delridge; Hiawatha; Rainier Beach; Rainier; Jefferson; Alki; Yesler; Van Asselt; International District Chinatown; as well as Garfield and Bitter Lake (both open as 24 hour severe weather shelters).
- Pools: Most pools will be open today from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use. Please call the pool before visiting to confirm hours.
- Garfield severe weather shelter: Garfield Community Center(2323 E. Cherry Street) has been opened as a warming and overnight emergency shelter for families with children, and people living in vehicles. Adults are welcome at this facility as well. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Wednesday, February 13.
- Bitter Lake severe weather shelter: Bitter Lake Community Center (13035 Linden Ave. N) is open as a severe weather shelter. Referral forms are not required and all are welcome. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Wednesday, Feb. 13. Info: 206-684-7524.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center: The Amy Yee Tennis Center will be open regular hours until 10:30 p.m. today.
- Parks: Parks are open; however, we encourage visitors to use caution. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap. Please stay out from under trees and avoid forested park areas during the current weather conditions.
- Snow Play: Golf courses are closed for golf but are open for sledding and snow play. Most athletic fields are also open for non-motorized winter recreation.
- Jefferson Park driving range: The Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill are open until 3 p.m. (all golf courses are closed).
- Camp Long visitor center: Open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Recreation programs: All recreation programs, including basketball, Lifelong Recreation, and Special Pops programs, are cancelled. All aquatics programs canceled.
- Magnolia, Queen Anne, and South Park community centers: closed. Meadowbrook is currently without power but may open later; check back here for updates.
- Rentals: All Recreation facility rentals canceled.
- Teen Life Centers: Closed.
- Youth basketball: All youth basketball games and practices are canceled.
- Small Craft Centers: The Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center and the Green Lake Small Craft Center closed.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled. Some fields are open for winter play.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are closed; however, the Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill will be open until 3 p.m. Courses are open to non-motorized winter recreation (please keep off putting greens and away from environmentally sensitive areas near the creeks at Jackson and West Seattle).