Seattle Parks and Recreation program and facility impacts on Sunday, Feb. 10:
We have several ways to help you gather with friends, enjoy indoor recreation opportunities, keep warm, or enjoy snow play! Seattle Parks and Recreation is operating 4 community centers and 3 pools for drop-in use today, as well as the Amy Yee Tennis Center. Golf courses and most athletic fields are open for snow play!
- Community centers: The following community centers are open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use: Bitter Lake, South Park, and Rainier Beach community centers. Garfield Garfield Community Center is open for drop-in use and is open as a warming and overnight emergency shelter.
- Pools: The following pools are open for drop-in use: Ballard Pool is open 11:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; Madison Pool i open noon to 2:30 p.m.; Southwest Pool is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please call the pool before visiting to confirm hours.
- Warming and overnight emergency shelter: Garfield Community Center (2323 E. Cherry Street) has been opened as a warming and overnight emergency shelter for families with children, and people living in vehicles. Adults are welcome at this facility as well. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Monday, February 11th. Click here for more information and other severe weather resources from the Seattle Human Services Department.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center: The Amy Yee Tennis Center is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drop-in use.
- Parks: Parks are open; however, we encourage visitors to use caution. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap. Please stay out from under trees and avoid forested park areas during the current weather conditions.
- Snow Play: Golf courses are closed for golf but are open for sledding and snow play. Most athletic fields are also open for non-motorized winter recreation.
- Jefferson Park driving range: The Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill are open until 3 p.m. (all golf courses are closed).
- Recreation programs: All recreation and aquatics programs, including registered programs, canceled.
- Rentals: All Recreation facility rentals canceled.
- Teen Life Centers (TLC): All TLCs closed.
- Youth basketball: All youth basketball games and practices are canceled Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Youth basketball games will be rescheduled the weekend of Feb. 16 & 17.
- Small Craft Centers: The Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center and the Green Lake Small Craft Center closed.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled. Some fields are open for winter play.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are closed; however, the Jefferson Park driving range, pro shop and grill will be open until 3 p.m. Courses are open to non-motorized winter recreation (please keep off putting greens and away from environmentally sensitive areas near the creeks at Jackson and West Seattle).