Many Seattle Parks and Recreation programs and facilities are being impacted by the anticipated inclement weather on Friday, Feb. 8. Please check back here and on our Twitter page for regular updates.
Garfield Community Center (2323 E. Cherry Street) has been opened as a warming and overnight emergency shelter for families with children, and people living in vehicles. Adults are welcome at this facility as well. This shelter will operate 24 hours a day through the morning of Monday, February 11th. Click here for more information and other severe weather resources from the Seattle Human Services Department.
School-Age Care: For information on impacts to Child Care Programs, please refer to the Child Care Hotline: 206-684-4203. Seattle Public Schools has issued an early release for Friday, Feb. 8. School-Age Care programs are currently scheduled to operate as normal in the morning; programs will be impacted in the afternoon. Please call the Child Care Hotline for details.
Seattle Parks and Recreation program and facility impacts on Friday, Feb. 8:
- Recreation programs: All recreation and aquatics programs are scheduled to operate as normal until 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8. All programs are canceled after 3 p.m.
- Community Centers and Pools: These facilities will close at 3 p.m.
- Youth basketball: All youth basketball games and practices are canceled Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Youth basketball games will be rescheduled the weekend of Feb. 16 & 17.
- Teen Life Centers (TLC): All TLC programs canceled and TLC facilities closed after 3 p.m.
- Small Craft Centers: The Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center and the Green Lake Small Craft Center closed.
- Rentals: All Recreation facility rentals canceled.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are closed; however, proshops and driving ranges are open for business. The courses are open for non-motorized winter recreation; please stay off of putting greens.
- Amy Yee Tennis Center: Programs prior to 3 p.m. will operate as normal; all programs canceled after 3 p.m. Facility will close at 3 p.m.
- Athletic Fields: Athletic field rentals/games are canceled. Most fields are open for winter play.
Parks are open; however, we encourage visitors to use caution. Snow and ice can cause tree branches to snap. Please stay out from under trees and avoid forested park areas during the current weather conditions.