Break out the s’mores and enjoy a Pacific Northwest sunset by beach fire at Alki Beach or Golden Gardens Park! Keep in mind, beach fires are only allowed at designated fire rings at these two sites. The fire rings are available first come, first served. Please only burn clean (natural, bare, dry cord-wood) wood and douse your fire completely before leaving.
- Light a fire ONLY in one of the installed fire containers
- Use only clean, dry firewood
- Please douse your fire with water, not sand
- Fires are not allowed during air pollution alerts; we will post sign
- Please don’t remove any materials from the park, beach or dunes
- Please dispose of trash and ashes in the containers provided for each. (SMC 18.12.260)
- Be considerate of others–please, no loud or amplified music! (SMC 18.12.170)
- Remember, no alcohol or smoking are allowed, and parks are drug-free zones.
If you see an illegal fire, call 911. For current burn ban and air quality questions, contact Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.
Fire pits at Golden Gardens are unlocked at 4 p.m. daily. Please begin to extinguish all beach fires (using water, not sand) around 10:30 p.m. in order to ensure that all fires are completely extinguished in ample time before the park’s closure.