Seattle Parks and Recreation will host a Community Business Workshop on Tuesday, Dec. 8 from and 12 – 1:30 p.m. at Jefferson Community Center and on Thursday, Dec. 10 from 12 – 1:30 p.m. at Miller Community Center to give startups and small business owners the opportunity learn about the City’s permit and RFP process and to meet City staff and other business owners.
At the workshop, participants will learn:
- About Seattle Parks and Recreation’s summer seasonal Request for Proposal opportunities and process
- How to complete a seasonal Food, Activity and Fitness Request for Proposal
- The difference between Seattle Department of Transportation and Seattle Parks and Recreation permits
- What a leasehold tax is and who needs to pay it
- What type of insurance is required for fitness and food vendors
- About the City’s background check requirements and why they’re requested
- Where to obtain a City of Seattle food permit
If you have specific questions about the workshop, email them directly to Antoinette Daniel at Antoinette.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jefferson Community Center – 3801 Beacon Ave S Seattle, WA 98108
Miller Community Center – 330 19th Ave E Seattle, WA 98112