Seattle Parks and Recreation staff are busy preparing for the two storms we anticipate will come through Seattle over the next few days. Please check our Parks and Recreation website and or Parkways Blog for detailed information about program cancellations, athletic field closures, where to call to report downed trees, and more.
- Please take extra precautions for this weekend’s storm and stay indoors during high winds.
- All grass athletic fields, including West Seattle Stadium, are closed through the weekend. For updated information on whether synthetic turf fields are open or closed, please call the rainout hotline at 206-233-0055.
- All community centers and pools will close at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- All Late Night Programs are cancelled on Saturday, Oct. 15 due to the weather.
- If you cancel an event scheduled this weekend at a Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) site or facility, we will issue you a refund.
- The Maple Viewing Festival at Seattle Japanese Garden, originally scheduled for Oct. 15-16, has been cancelled due to the inclement weather forecast this weekend
- Discovery Park: The Discovery Park Visitor Center will close at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15. Saturday morning Bird Tour and Saturday evening Full Moon Adventure are canceled
- Camp Long (both the park and the lodge) will be closed Saturday and Sunday.
Please use extreme caution outdoors. SPR will continue to monitor weather forecasts and will announce additional closures, if any, here. Please stay safe!