In an effort to test the waters in hopes of offering a few indoor programs this year, Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR) will begin with Drop-in Table Tennis on a trial basis at the International District/Chinatown Community Center starting Tuesday, April 27, 2021.
Tables must be reserved in advance by signing up at our registration portal. (You must create an account if you don’t already have one.) Registration starts on Tuesday, April 20 at noon.
To comply with public health guidance, participants should expect health screening checks upon entering the community center. Along with staff, players must wear a mask while in the building. A number of other protocols must be followed; please see the Health and Safety rules below.
Drop-in table tennis slots can be reserved at the Center on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at the following times:
For questions regarding the registration process, please contact the SPR Business Service Center at (206) 684-5177.
Health and Safety Rules
- Pre-registered program participants will be required to participate in the Covid-19 screening protocol when entering the IDCCC. (COVID-19 related symptoms and screening questions will be asked and a thermometer will be used to check the participant’s body temperature when checking in).
- A maximum of 16 people will be allowed inside the center gym.
- There is a two-hour play limit.
- All program participants will be required to wear a mask at all times while moving throughout the building. Players will be allowed to remove their mask during competitions (during game play only). Players are also allowed to remove their face mask temporally to drink water).
- Fountains are still off limits.
- Tables will be cleaned before any new player uses a table.
- No doubles play allowed.
- No side changes allowed between games.
- No multi-ball play allowed.
- No wiping of hands allowed on tables during matches.
- No cleaning of paddles by breathing on them allowed.
- The center will not be providing drinking water. Please bring your own.