Most Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed on Friday, December 24 – some for a furlough day, others for the Christmas holiday. All facilities will be closed on Saturday, December 25, in observance of Christmas Day.
There will be no childcare at community centers on Friday, December 24 or Friday, December 31. There will be no Late Night programs December 24 – 25 and December 31 – January 1. On Friday, December 31, pools will close at 3 p.m., and community centers will close at 6 p.m.
City of Seattle employees have taken nine days off without pay in 2010 to help fill the budget gap. The upcoming furlough is the last of the year. There will be no furlough closures in 2011.
These facilities and services are closed on December 24 and 25 and January 1
- Grounds maintenance
- Community centers
- Swimming pools
- Environmental Learning Centers
- Lifelong Recreation
- Business Service Center
- All Administrative Offices
- Amy Yee Tennis Center
- Special Events Scheduling
These facilities and services are closed for furlough on Monday, December 27:
- Administrative offices (communications, correspondence, Park Board support, web management, public outreach, human resources, finance and administration)
- Planning and Development Division
- Magnuson Park office
- Youth Violence Prevention Initiative office
Public Golf Courses will close on Christmas Day only.
# # #