Cal Anderson Park needs your vision!
For the 9th consecutive year , the Cal Anderson Park Alliance (CAPA) is spearheading the Independence Day Community Picnic in the park, featuring live music, the wildly popular Root “Beer Garden,” owner-pet look alike contest, and more. Save Saturday, July 2 on your calendar for a day of Capitol Hill family fun.
This year we’ve decided to turn to Seattle’s talented community of designers to help us share the love with a printed poster for the picnic and a summer events calendar.
If you’d like to get involved, here’s what we need from you by midnight, April 15:
- Text: In 50 words or fewer, tell us what Cal Anderson Park means to you—why you love it, why it’s a great gathering place, and why you’d like to design its picnic poster and calendar.
- Image(s): Send us one (1) to three (3) images, at 300 dpi resolution, that show us why the world needs your skills to spread the news about all the great stuff going on in the park this summer. (No, we’re not asking for a new poster design now – that’s after you get selected. We’re asking to see the compelling work you’ve already done for us to base our decision on.)
- When you send your submissions, be sure to give us your name, street and email addresses, and phone number.
- Send them, by midnight, April 15, to email@example.com
Here’s what happens if you’re selected :
- A $500 honorarium will be awarded to the selected designer or designer team after a review by CAPA board members—a volunteer group that includes graphic artists, landscape architects, and communications experts.
- After selection, you develop a poster design, and format it for an 11×17 poster and up to three more related print materials, on the fast track – we’ll notify the winner by April 22, and need the design by May 15.
- You get credit on the poster and calendar, admiration, and appreciation from the thousands of people who love Cal Anderson Park.
But even if you aren’t selected :
- With your permission, your text “What Cal Anderson Park Means to Me,” will be posted with your name/business name on the Cal Anderson Park Alliance website.
Note on eligibility, process, and reproduction rights: first, anyone anywhere can enter – we’re not checking zip codes! – just come with an open mind and an appreciation for the park. The CAPA board’s decision will be final. CAPA will reserve the right to use the design developed by the selected entrant.
For more details and artwork submission guidelines, check out www.calandersonpark.org
Contact: Erika Wilson; firstname.lastname@example.org