Celebrate nature in the city at Urban Nature Day at Magnuson Park from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 9.
This event will take place at Magnuson Community Center, 7110 62nd Ave NE, and will feature:
- A children’s concert by national award winning singer/songwriter Eric Ode
- Presentations by Knox Cellars Bees, Bats Northwest, Roving Reptiles, and the Woodland Park Zoo
- Interactive booths and displays, including Insect Safari, the NOAA Marine Mammal Division, and various Magnuson Park organizations
- Art made from recycled materials
- Nature activities featuring the new Nature Explorers Laboratory
- Re-dedication of the Gray Whale Garden
- A Wetland Wake-Up Walk from 9 to 10 a.m.
- A nature-themed carnival and prizes.
The event is free and open to the public, and everyone is welcome. Sponsors are the Magnuson Community Center and EarthCorps. For more information, please call 206-684-7026.