Many Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed on Friday, November 12, and Monday, November 15, for a furlough day. All facilities and offices will also be closed on Thursday, November 11, in observance of Veterans’ Day.
City of Seattle employees are taking 10 days off without pay in 2010 to help fill the budget gap. Seattle Parks and Recreation has worked hard to schedule furlough days in a way that has the smallest possible impact on customers, and that provides as much coverage as possible.
These facilities and services are closed on Friday, November 12
- Grounds maintenance
- Community centers (except child care and late night programs, which will still operate).
- Swimming pools
- Environmental Learning Centers
- Lifelong Recreation (except Food and Fitness programs, which will still operate)
- Business Service Center
These facilities and services are closed on Monday, November 15:
- Administrative offices (communications, correspondence, Park Board support, web management, public outreach, human resources, finance and administration)
- Planning and Development Division
- Magnuson Park office
- Youth Violence Prevention Initiative office
These facilities will operate normally:
- Golf courses
- Special Events Scheduling
- Amy Yee Tennis Center
# # #