Seattle Parks and Recreation will activate the field lighting on synthetic ballfields throughout the city on the evening of Sunday, July 4, to protect the synthetic surfaces. The ballfield lights will be turned on at approximately 8:45 p.m. and will be turned off at either 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., depending on the field.
All the fields have been renovated over the past five years and benefit field users including soccer, football, baseball, Ultimate Frisbee and lacrosse. Fireworks destroy the synthetic turf, and are illegal in the City of Seattle.
Seattle Parks and Recreation appreciates all the community involvement in the field restorations and reminds the community to be good stewards of the synthetic fields.
The lights will be turned on at 8:45 p.m. at the following fields, and turned off at the time noted:
- Bobby Morris at Cal Anderson Park off at 11 p.m.
1635 11th Ave
- Genesee Upper Playfield off at 11 p.m.
4316 S Genesee St.
- Georgetown Playfield off at 11 p.m.
750 S Homer St.
- Hiawatha Playfield off at 11 p.m.
2700 California Ave. SW
- Lower Woodland Playfield #2 and #7 off at 11 p.m.
Aurora Ave. N and N 59th St.
- Magnuson #5 (Rugby), #6, #7 off at 10 p.m.
2518 34th Ave. W
- Miller Playfield off at 10 p.m.
330 19th Ave. E
For additional questions contact Park’s security officer Dave Waterson at 206-423-0526.