MOST PARKS TENNIS COURT LIGHTS GO OFF
FOR THE WINTER TO SAVE ENERGY
As an energy-saving measure, for the winter months Seattle Parks and Recreation lights the tennis courts only at five major locations:
• Lower Woodland Park, Aurora Avenue N and N 59th Street, 10 courts
• Bobby Morris Playfield at Cal Anderson Park, corner of 11th Avenue E and E
Pine Street, two courts
• Rainier Playfield, 3700 S Alaska, four courts
• Solstice Park (formerly Lincoln Park Annex, 7400 Fauntleroy Way SW, six courts
• Meadowbrook Playfield, 10533 35th Avenue NE, six courts
Lights will return to all lighted courts when Daylight Savings Time returns on Sunday, March 14, 2010.
Parks offers indoor courts at the Amy Yee Tennis Center, 2000 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way S, from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please call 206-684-4764 to make reservations, or visit the web at http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Athletics/Tennisct.htm for information about the Tennis Center.