Seattle Parks and Recreation(SPR) and Page Olson, member of The Last Resort Fire Department are hosting the Seattle Fire Festival on Saturday, July 8, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Bell Street Blvd Park between 5th and 3rd on Bell Street. This annual festival, once known as the Pioneer Square Fire Festival renamed Seattle Fire Festival in 2016, has been an almost annual community celebration since 1971. The first Fire Festival was held in June of 1890 to celebrate the first anniversary of the fire, the rise from the ashes of the new commercial district, and the resilient spirit of the Seattle residents.
This event offers:
- family fun for all age
- a glimpse into Seattle fire department’s past and present with antique and modern fire equipment displayed by the Last Resort Fire Department and the Seattle Fire Department
- time to visit, have fun with activities that let you get a taste of a firefighters’ job
- watch Seattle Fire Cadets and other fire explorers put on skill demonstration
- an open house at Fire Station 2
- spend time with child author TJ Spencer – a real firefighter – as he shares his Nozzlehead books – awesome kids firefighting adventure books – in interactive readings
- and information on the Great Seattle Fire and its aftermath.
In addition, we are working on getting Smoky Bear, and Pluggie the talking fire hydrant to attend. The event will open with a Fire Cadet/Explorer honor guard ceremony at 11:00 a.m. in Bell Street Blvd Park at 4th.
Learn more at www.facebook.com/SeattleFireFestival. For any questions about Seattle Fire Festival or if you are interested in volunteering your time at the festival, please email Page at: email@example.com.