Seattle Parks and Recreation shut off the lights at most outdoor lighted tennis courts for the winter. This is an effort to create energy savings during the months when few people play tennis outside. There are 60 lighted outdoor courts throughout the parks system.
Lights at the courts below stay on year round:
- Bobby Morris Playfield at Cal Anderson Park on Capitol Hill, 1635 11th, (one court)
- Jefferson Park on Beacon Hill, 3801 Beacon Ave. S (four courts)
- Meadowbrook Playfield in northeast Seattle, 10533 35th NE (six courts)
- Miller Playfield in Capitol Hill/Central District, 330 19th E (two courts)
- Lower Woodland Park in northwest Seattle, 1000 N 50th (10 courts)
- Rainier Playfield in southeast Seattle, 3700 S Alaska St. (four courts)
- Solstice Park, in West Seattle, 7400 Fauntleroy Way SW (formerly Lincoln Park Annex, six courts)
Winter play is also available at the Amy Yee Tennis Center’s indoor courts. For information, please call 206-684-4764 or go to http://www.seattle.gov/parks/Athletics/Tennisct.htm. For information about the Sandpoint Tennis Center at Magnuson Park please visit http://tenniscentersandpoint.com/. For the full listing of Seattle Parks tennis courts, please see http://www.seattle.gov/parks/tennis.asp.
Seattle Parks and Recreation will turn the lights back on when we return to Daylight Savings Time in March 2016.