Effective immediately Seattle Parks and Recreation is temporarily closing all public outdoor aquatic facilities today, Aug. 12, 2015, due to unstable weather and reports of thunder and lightning. The closure list includes:
- Lowery C. “Pop” Mounger Pool, at 2535 32nd Ave. W, 206-684-4708
- Colman Pool, at 8603 Fauntleroy Way SW, 206-684-7494
- Matthews, 9300 51st Ave. NE
- Madison, 1900 43rd Ave. E
- Mount Baker, 2301 Lake Washington Blvd. S
- Seward, 5902 Lake Washington Blvd. S
- West Green Lake, 7312 W Green Lake Dr.
- East Green Lake, 7201 E Green Lake Dr. N
- Magnuson, park entrance at NE 65th and Sand Point Way NE
- Madrona, 853 Lake Washington Blvd.
- Pritchard Beach, 8400 55th S
- Ballard Commons, 5701 22nd Ave. NW
- Beacon Mountain at Jefferson Park, 3901 Beacon Ave. S
- John C. Little, 6961 37th Ave. S
- Lower Judkins, 2150 S Norman St.
- Georgetown Playfield, 750 S Homer St.
- Highland Park, 1100 SW Cloverdale
- Lake Union Park, 860 Terry Ave. N
- Miller Community Center, 330 19th Ave. E
- Northacres Park, 12800 1st Ave. NE
- Pratt Park, 1800 S Main St.
Small craft centers
- Green Lake Small Craft Center, 5900 W Green Lake Way N
- Mount Baker Rowing and Sailing Center, 3800 Lake Washington Blvd S
Wading pools scheduled to be open today
- Hiawatha Community Center, 2700 California Ave. SW
- Bitter Lake, 13035 Linden Ave. N
- Dahl Playfield, 7700 25th NE
- C. Hughes, 2805 SW Holden St.
- South Park, 8319 8th S
- Wallingford, 4219Wallingford Ave. N
- Green Lake, N 73rd and E Green Lake Dr. N
- Lincoln Park, 8600 Fauntleroy Ave. SW
- Magnuson, eastern end of NE 65th
- Van Asselt, 2820 S Myrtle St.
- Volunteer Park, 1400 E Galer St.
Seattle Parks and Recreation hopes to reopen most facilities later today when the weather clears. All wading pools will remained closed for the rest of the day due to the time and water it takes to drain and re-fill them.