Celebrate Urban Nature at Magnuson Park: Third annual family event features bugs, owls, reptiles, arachnids, and many partners
Come to Magnuson Park from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 31 for Magnuson Park’s third annual Celebrate Urban Nature event.
The event features family-friendly presentations, interactive booths and displays, art and nature activities, a nature-themed carnival, a Nature Explorers Lab, and lots more.
The day’s schedule includes:
10:30 a.m. Spyglass Theaters “The Secret Life of Bugs,” a blacklight puppetry performance
11:30 a.m. Woodland Park Zoo presents “Owls: Who are they?”
12:30 p.m. Roving Reptiles – an entertaining and educational look at our bescaled friends
1:30 p.m. Burke Museum’s Curator of Arachnids, Rod Crawford, presents “World of
Parks thanks these partners who will join the event with information and activities:
• Insect Safari: http://www.theinsectsafari.com/
• Just Frogs Foundation: http://www.justfrogs.com/
• Bats Northwest: http://www.batsnorthwest.org/
• The Mountaineers: http://www.mountaineers.org/ScriptContent/default.cfm
• Seattle Audubon: http://www.seattleaudubon.org
• EarthCorps: http://www.earthcorps.org/
• North Seattle Lapidary and Mineral Club: http://www.northseattlerockclub.org/
• Magnuson P-Patch and Children’s Garden: http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/magnusongarden/
• Seattle Parks and Recreation environmental learning centers: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/environment/learning.htm
• Magnuson Environmental Stewardship Alliance (MESA): http://www.mesaseattle.org
Posted: March 30th, 2012 under Parkways.