Seattle Parks and Recreation is putting in place a number of program changes as a pilot project at the Seattle Japanese Garden this year, with the introduction of three new categories. These changes take effect on Tuesday, March 20. To buy a membership, please call the Garden at 206-684-4725.
The Family/Dual Membership annual pass is enhanced with new flexibility to bring a guest. It now provides for entry for two adults each visit at the same price as our family pass. Current members can enjoy this new benefit by simply renewing for another year.
The new Student Pass category will provide a lower cost for annual passes for anyone with a valid college ID.
The new Photo Membership program replaces our traditional spring and fall photo sessions, as access will now be exclusive to amateur and professional photographer members. There will also be, as noted below, opportunities for Members to have additional access during peak spring and fall colors.
We hope you will take the time to read through the options and new benefits listed below. We look forward to hearing from you with your comments and/or questions.
Seattle Japanese Garden
2012 Membership Program Change-Pilot Projects
Seattle Parks and Recreation’s Japanese Garden is expanding our annual pass offerings to include a discounted student rate and annual memberships for amateur and professional photographers.
$30: Family/Dual Membership
A family membership entitles the cardholder to:
- Two membership cards (One primary card with an individual’s name on it and a second card for an adult guest of the primary cardholder).
- Admission for one adult per card, per visit, plus up to three kids younger than 18.
- Two adults per pass per visit.
$20: Individual Membership
An individual membership entitles the cardholder to:
- One membership card.
- Admission for one adult per card, per visit.
$15 Student Membership – NEW!
A student membership entitles the cardholder to:
- One membership card (You need to show a student ID from any college/university/ educational institution when you purchase this membership to get the student discount).
- One student per card per visit.
$75: Photographer Membership – NEW!
A photographer membership entitles the cardholder to:
- One membership card.
- One photographer per card per visit.
Benefits of a Photographer Membership include:
- One year’s admission to the Garden and photo shoots (without tripods) during Garden operating hours.
- Designated monthly photographer members-only access hours during eight months of the year (from March through November). The Garden will be open on these dates in 2012 for Members:
- Every third Thursday each month from 8 to10 a.m. (March – October)
- Every first Saturday each month from 8 to 10 a.m. (March – November).
- Full rights to sell Seattle Japanese Garden photos.
- Members will receive invitations to participate in additional sessions during peak Spring and Fall color, and will be advised of dates and times when scheduled.
- The opportunity to use the Garden’s meeting room (subject to fees, approvals, and availability)
- 2012 photographer schedule:
- April 4 and 19
- May 5 and 17
- June 2 and 21
- July 7 and 19
- August 4 and 16
- September 1 and 20
- October 6 and 18
- November 3